In the Mists

Forums In the Mists In the Mists

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 115 total)
  • February 12, 2015 at 6:39 pm #1131

    Staring her right in the eyes, nodding head slightly in deference.

    I agree with Stern. We can see to the disposition of your Descendants when we return to the material plane. Until then however if you feel up to it, we could use your advice, guidance, regarding this plane, please.

    February 12, 2015 at 6:52 pm #1132

    Meela’s spirit aloofness and mystery seems to fade away as a very human expression washes over her face with a heartening smile..releif, gratefulness, hope.

    I would be so grateful for that…She lives here, in this small manor house in Redtown. Her name is Leia Mensheng, but most would call her lady Mensheng. The manor is ringed my magical sigils. Some are hidden in the walls, but two that were visible, the one that should be hanging over the front door, and another at the back of the manor above the gate that leads into the vegetable garden. I can only think they must have been stolen not long ago. She is rich in things, but poor in fluid funds if you understand. She is rather attached to her things too, too much so to sell anything even though she should. Evon would help her with funds, but she hates him and is too proud to ask. She partially blames him for my death. She would rather prey and put her faith in the spirits, but in the end, it is the job of mortals to manage their affairs, we can only help so much… If you could somehow convince her to take action, or find out where those symbols went well, listen, in the morning, I could lead you through the mists to the mountain, I can feel my way there. I’d have to come right back, but it might save you some time…I’m not sure what else I could offer but my eternal…She catches herself and smiles embarrassed at the literal pun shes almost made…she pauses to recompose the statementI would be very grateful

    February 13, 2015 at 10:57 am #1133

    It’s best not to travel at night, that’s when spirits of the underworld are out and about. You’ll be safe here, and I require no sleep, so I can make sure of that.

    I have no idea if you know Fanlu, if you did, you could just follow the roads up to the mountain, but if not, I could lead you straight there…we learn to feel our way through the mists, to reach the places we have in mind. This plan is the greatest advice I can give without knowing more. You know of Fang Quiang, so, does he know of you? Does he owe you any favors? Have some reason to like you? Spirits don’t appreciate strangrs asking them for big favors, they’re just like people in that respect, yet, sometimes they’re happy to help if they know you.

    February 13, 2015 at 11:11 am #1134

    Your offer is most gracious and welcomed. Old Black stripe, the spirit of the mountain… He knows of us and has made his presence known to us before. We know not if he will help however he is our best chance at getting back to the material plain and in this back to help your descendants.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Stern.
    February 13, 2015 at 11:40 am #1136

    How can one tell day vs night here?

    February 13, 2015 at 11:56 am #1137

    Hrothgard nods a bit. “Fang Quiang. Old Black Stripe. He will help us. I am sure of it. Perhaps I should not be so sure… but I am.” Hrothgard adds matter-of-factly.

    February 13, 2015 at 12:13 pm #1138

    It is subtle, but not hard to detect once you get used to it. The mists seem a little darker, the wards on the other side seem to glow a little brighter. Let’s hope you don’t have the time to gt used to any of this.

    It’s good he knows of you. If he’s bothered to show himself that’s huge, especially if it wasn’t out of anger. I can tell you a few things about dealing with nature spirits. Here’s a tip, spirits mostly avoid mortals or just watch them from this side. They never show themselves to mortals unless there’s a reason. If they don’t just right out attack they might want to help, but spirits are picky about helping,they want to be asked, and they want the asking mortals to make a case. Even if they want to help you, they get impatient and hold back their help if the mortals don’t just get to the point and make a good case of why they deserve help. Spirits just want to hear you make your case, lay your cards on the table, be straight up and bold, yet humble….they want to see it as obvious that you know they are doing you a big favor. Spirits have a lot of pride and follow traditions, and that’s just theirs. Sometimes, you even have to grovel, but most of the time you can get a lot just by giving the spirits what they want. respect, thanks, a little praise to stoke their ego. It’s just like dealing with nobles really. They are the kings of their domains, and they feel constantly encroached upon by the gods above and mortals below…If they’re not mad as hell, in which case the best option is to run or fight, than they just want to be treated like royal benefactors.

    If you have no reason to think The mountain is angry with you, than that’s how you should approach him. Also, as for stating your case, be ready to tell him some good you’ve done for his realm, and maybe some good you plan on doing…like the help you’re doing for my family, but don’t make him ask. Tell him, state your case. Remember, he’s doing you a favor, and you have know idea how to appreciate or know what it’s costing him if he does. Always assume you are asking for much, and you will come across as the proper kind of humble.

    Another thing on that note, spirits live forever. This is there home, and you are all temporary guests just passing though. Even if you’re native to these lands, you are born into them, you live, and then you pass out of them like me. You may only get one chance to ask a spirit for help, so don’t blow it, or you’re out of luck. They are extremely patient with almost everything except for mortals, whom they don’t waste a lot of time on if they don’t think it’s worth it.

    Am I making sense here?

    February 13, 2015 at 1:06 pm #1139

    Eloquently so lady Sheng. Your wisdom in these matters is greatly appreciated and priceless. We would do well to heed your advice. As such I believe we should rest here under your gracious gaze and the auspicious shrine of the great teacher kee lo knee.A reminder that there is always something to learn if your mind is open.”

    With that grey bows low to lady Sheng then even lower, touching his forehead to the ground at the base of the statue. Then he drops his pack stretches out and gets comfortable at the foot of the statue.

    Kee lo knee taught, amongst other things, patience. We would do well to apply such teachings here.

    with a wry smile to lady Sheng

    this only makes sense.

    February 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm #1140

    Stern bows as well and makes ready to rest up.

    My lady.

    February 13, 2015 at 2:31 pm #1141

    With a smile she bows you all and wishes you a good night, then steps backwards through the wall behind her and into the small manor you are camped outside of.

    That strange night, you all sleep very well, it has to be something magical about the garden or statue. You all have very interesting dreams as well, which will be delivered to each of you via email.

    Dawn comes, only slightly less grey than the night. You wake and eat a quick simple meal of rations. Within all of you is a renewed sense of purpose and anticipation, that makes the meal even shorter. Most of you take a bite of or two of dried meat, and you feel done, ready to go. Some of you long for a beer, or something to take the edge off. You feel well rested, safe, but more than ready to move on.

    Meela drifts gracefully into the garden.

    “it’s time”

    Through the wall and out onto Founders Way you go. You start for a moment at the shadowy human forms moving about, thinking of the Wretches you saw last night, but they are just the shadows of harmless commoners, shop owners opening up, couriers delivering messages, people starting their days on the other side. Meela leads the way at the pace of a swift walk. Curiously, she makes it a point not to walk though any of the shadows of people you all pass

    Here I will pause for an hour to let any of you pipe in if you wish before I continue.

    February 13, 2015 at 2:35 pm #1142

    Grognak looks at his companions.With a smile, followed by a yawn,stretch,and a flop down to the ground “Well that went well, glad I could help out,oh and Hroth, you better be right…Goodnight men.

    February 13, 2015 at 2:46 pm #1143

    “Yes. I hope that I am…” Hrothgard replies with a slight sigh. “But I’ve no reason not to trust Fang Quiang after what he did for me. I hope that I am right…”

    February 13, 2015 at 2:59 pm #1144

    Lets do this!

    February 13, 2015 at 3:31 pm #1145

    Grognak closes his eyes,” Hroth, I trust your instincts and your confidence can only help”.Grognak’s voice settles into a low quiet tone” A wise man once said, Whether you think you will succeed, or whether you thing you won’t, your probably right…If we all do not believe there is hope, we have already lost.

    February 13, 2015 at 3:38 pm #1146

    You all reach the small gate house that leads out of RedTown. From here founders way leaves Redtown and joins with Tradeway, which is like the main east west road though town. Redtown is high up on the hill side that is the west 1/2 of Fanlu, and looks east over the rest of Fanlu and th e lake beyond. It is a bit like a town within a town, surrounded by it’s own low wall, and separated from the rest of town by orchards, small parks, and expanses of almost rural land. The result is, you feel more like your leaving a town then moving to another part of town.

    It’s not long traveling down the misty road that Meela motions for you to stop. To the left of the road, a group of shadowy workers is clearing a ditch, probably blocked up by debris from recent rains. Beyond them, a shadowy orchard. To the right, a normally green park on a hill side, where hundreds of large boulders stand like shadowy watchers…you contemplate Meela’s words from the night before, wondering if Fang Quiang might be watching unseen from one of those rocks.

    “Be still, make no sudden movements, something is coming”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.