In the Mists

Forums In the Mists In the Mists

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
  • February 10, 2015 at 5:38 pm #1114

You follow her into a shadowy great room, lit only by the soft glow of a copper watchskull that hangs over a fireplace mantle on the far side.
    The woman continues on and seems to wade through what must be a kitchen table, and then out through another wall that leads into a small garden situated off to the side of the house. All the details of this fine garden are literally out-shined by the radiant glow of a Human sized statue, set upon a rocky pedestal in the middle of a coy pond. Interestingly, the coy in the dark shadowy waters seem as real and present as you are, their vivid gold, orange, white, red and yellow scales gleam in the statue’s radiance.

“She motions to the statue, this is the great teacher, Ki Lo Knee, we’ll be safe in the glow, this is the safest place I can think of anywhere near by.”

There is a 6 ft high stone wall surrounding the gardens, you do actually feel safer.

“Now, where were we?”

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by DM.
    February 10, 2015 at 5:51 pm #1116

I have heard many a story of this kee lo knee and his disciple ed grueberman. I heard he had a specific fighting style that targeted the head of his opponents.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Stern.
    February 10, 2015 at 5:52 pm #1118

A great and wise man he was.

mumbles grey approaching the statue with reverence.

February 10, 2015 at 6:10 pm #1119

“Yes…some leave an impression on this life that stays with us. Ki Lo Knee was such a man”

She kneels on the grey grass, motioning for you all to take a knee.

“Please, it’s rude to stand in his presence for too long”
    When she does so the grass around where her knees seems to fade from grey to green.

Grey, you could swear the coy fish, though dispersed and floating with their bodies oriented in different directions, you could swear all their eyes are looking up through the shadowy waters at you.

“As for this place, you can get used to it. I’ve come to the point where I see through the walls, hardly notice them unless I have a reason to. For the living, it’s strange how life is so defined by form and non form, solid stone and thin air being the opposites that give everything a, well, context. Here, you learn to see light and shadow, and the flow of the mists, these things are like the walls and floors of this place, though the comparison is not perfect”

February 10, 2015 at 6:54 pm #1120

Stern and Grey lean in and kneal by the statue.

February 10, 2015 at 7:03 pm #1121

Grey removes his hat, bowing low to the statue.

let us begin with introductions. I am Grey and this mighty fellow is Stern.

slapping Stern’s armored shoulder, smiling at the strange women.

February 10, 2015 at 7:12 pm #1122

“My name is Meela Mensheng (Mee-Lah Men-Shing)
    We natives of Fanlu are not too ceremonious as compared to some towns. Given the extraordinary conditions of our meeting, let us forgive any social graces which are not heeded, and beg a pardon from Twen Ch’ang for our short comings.”

February 11, 2015 at 10:18 am #1123

Grognak bows, introduces himself quietly, and kneels as directed. I kneel quietly, knowing that too many questions from too many might seem overbearing.

I will watch the conversation progress, and jump in as I see fit, but for now I will simply observe knowing Grey and Stern will ask the questions that are on my mind.

February 11, 2015 at 11:24 am #1124

Stern, not fully accustom to praying to gods other than Crom follows the lead of Meela Mensheng and Grey, waiting for ceremonies to complete….

February 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm #1125

Meela waits for all the introductions to finish, bowing her head slightly to acknowledge each one, then after a pause, continues.

Those things I chased off are called wretches. Each one of them carries a pouch filled with one of the most terrible substances a mortal can come into contact with. They prowl the nights on this side, looking for unprotected mortals that sleep on your side. Some you hardly see them at all, it’s as if they stay home. Other nights, they fill the city streets, swarming and fighting for the chance to poison even just one mortal. They look for any weak spot they can find. Most nights, they fail, sometimes they get to someone.”

February 12, 2015 at 11:08 am #1126

“I take it you chased them off from the dwelling of one of your relatives?”

February 12, 2015 at 12:25 pm #1127

Yes

Mortals are vulnerable to many things when they sleep, unless they protect themselves. The thing those wretches carry is horrid. It is toxic, poisoning the heart, and yet it is not a poison, so there is no antidote. It debilitates the health, spreading like a disease, but it is not a disease, so no healer can cure it. It hangs over the victim like a dark cloud, bringing struggle and bad luck to all their days, but it is not a curse, and so no priest can make atonement for the afflicted. It cripples like a wound, and yet it is not a wound…there is no easy way, and no sure way to heal it…most never recover, not fully anyways.”

She trails off and falls into silence, as if becoming depressed by her own words, looking down at the ground.

February 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm #1128

“I take it you or someone close lost this fight and you have made it a cause of yours to defend the innocent?

February 12, 2015 at 5:51 pm #1129

You know I haven’t had a conversation like this in a long time…I’m a little rusty. If you’re talking about the battle with the Wretches…most people lose that eventually, it’s just a part of how things are.

Specifically, I’m here to protect my daughter and grand children. They’re home has weak spots, places where there should be protection but there’s not. They’ve been having trouble as a result, and they preyed so hard for protection that I heard them, so I made a petition to come here and do what I could. For now, all I can do is watch and protect. I have no idea how to get back to the world of the living, or I’d just go there and tell them what’s wrong. I know some spirits can, but I haven’t learned that trick. Sometimes, they see me when they dream, but when they wake up they can’t remember the dream, or they don’t realize what I’m trying to say. Do you know how to get back? I’m afraid all I can do for you is mostly what I’ve already done, I’ve led you to a safe place. I can tell you what I know of this side, maybe it will help…

February 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm #1130

“We havent quite figured that out, our only lead is to search out Feng quieng and ask for his help. What is your daughters name? When we get back to the other side we can help them fix the protections. This much I can offer of myself. Maybe you can show me what must be done and where the protections are failed so I can fix it when I get back there.”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.