In the Mists

Forums In the Mists In the Mists

• This topic has 114 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Grey.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)
  • February 10, 2015 at 11:58 am #1096

You are all expertly moving into position as something bolts out of the wall you are about to bolt into. A grey man shaped blur, fast, it darts past you and to the opposite side of the street in an instant. It pauses for a split second, turning to leer back at you for just a moment before stepping backwards into the wall behind it.

The Grey Shadow

Hroth, your right arm feels strange and numb…you think you hit it as it ran by but you’re not sure. The thing was amazingly fast.

http://www.yunshan.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/original-2-Copy.jpg

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by DM.
    February 10, 2015 at 1:01 pm #1098

“The Heck was that!”

February 10, 2015 at 1:02 pm #1099

Cast protection from evil

February 10, 2015 at 1:11 pm #1100

A muffled voice from the other side of the wall where the thing came from…human, a deep female voice, calm and firm…
    “Hello out there, Is it gone? I’m coming out in peace, don’t want to startle you”

February 10, 2015 at 1:42 pm #1101

As Grognak prepares to unleash hell, he replies calmly to the voice from the other side of the wall. Please come slowly, but I am afraid it is a little too late not to be startled.

He stares at the beast, calling upon all of his arcane knowledge, to quickly determine what might hurt this beast(knowledge Planes, and Arcana).

February 10, 2015 at 2:15 pm #1102

“Who are you? How did you get here?”

February 10, 2015 at 2:50 pm #1103

Now to be clear, the thing that shot out of the wall and across the street is gone from view, so you really don’t get a great look at it Grognak, though there is the scary picture to look at… The voice is coming from a 2nd being behind the wall where the first one came from. The voice speaks again

“I’m here by petition…”
    There’s a brief pause, followed an almost motherly sigh
    “Point is, I’m supposed to be here, am I safe to come out?”

February 10, 2015 at 2:53 pm #1104

“Please come out… What do you mean by petition?”

Head on a swivel.

Through blackstone

“Hroth do you see anything? Grey?”

February 10, 2015 at 3:40 pm #1106

Grey and Hroth…Everyone, you don’t see shit…

From the other side of the wall the muffled voice answers.
    “My family petitioned my presence, and the Office of Ancestral Intercession granted me transit and license of intercession, so like I said, I’m supposed to be here.”

She says this all very matter of fact like she expects you to know what she’s talking about, then she steps out. The figure that cautiously steps out of the wall has a calm but guarded expression, which shifts to one of interest as you all stand there for a moment, taking each other in with an awkward silence

“You on the other hand…don’t belong here do you?”

February 10, 2015 at 4:22 pm #1107

“My lady, I understand now what you mean.”

(Sense Motive)

“And yes you are correct we do not belong here, we belong to the other side but have somehow been trapped here.”

(observing her demeanor)

“What was that thing that seemed to attack you?”

February 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm #1108

“She looks around for a moment, taking you all in, well you all don’t seem like you’re up to no good, and you’ve come dressed for just about anything, so you have that going for you.”

She seems to be considering something in the brief pause.

Stern, her demeanor is reserved, mater of fact, aloof, but beneath this you sense she is interested, concerned, and also playful.

“I can tell you all about those things, but first, how long have you been here, and has anyone else seen you? You’re not going to be safe here once word gets out. I think it might be better if we step through this wall into the garden so you’re not just standing on main street if you take my meaning, but we can stay here if you’d like.”

February 10, 2015 at 5:03 pm #1109

Yes! Let’s talk where it is safe. I’m sure we have a lot of questions for each other.

After you, please.

February 10, 2015 at 5:15 pm #1110

Other than things like that fell beast that ran off who or what would be concerned about us being here?

Stern stays in place waiting for his brother (Grey) to return from trying to find the beast.

February 10, 2015 at 5:22 pm #1111

Grey passes through the wall behind the mystery woman.

” It is clear inside. Let us retire within and speak at length with this interesting woman.”
    “Madame.”

Grey sweeps one arm out, gesturing from the woman back the way he came, into the house.

February 10, 2015 at 5:31 pm #1113

stern follows quickly overtaking and checking out the area to set up guard.
    (Thru Blackstone)

” I really hate the laws of this plane, I dont like that walls have no real tangible fortification…”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.